"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Formal application complete... on to the next step

We got our formal application complete and turned in today!! After filling out numerous papers, getting drug tested, TB tested, writing our personal testimonies, doing our health histories, filling out our cash flow, and various other papers, we got it all turned in today. 
Our next step is to attend the training session on August 26.  This is an all day training that they said will cover lots of stuff.  I think we will meet our social worker and hopefully get going on that. 
I ordered 100 prints from Snapfish, so once I get the info on our photo book I think I may hit up some creative person to do the book for me :-) Scrapbooking is not my  strength. 
We are very excited to be moving to the next step.  We have a couple of fundraisers in the works as well, so stay tuned.  We'll be scheduling our Adopt-a-Mixon Nights Out and our "Completing our family puzzle" coming up.
On another note, my little fur baby had his teeth cleaned and one extracted today.  I was a little nervous because he had to be put to sleep, but he is fine and his breath is actually tolerable for the first time I can remember!! Baxley had an allergic reaction to something this week, but he has recoverd as well.  So both the fuzzy faces at our house are doing well!!
I am including pics from our yard sale since I haven't done that yet.
School has started back, so we are in for a busy few months!










No comments:

Post a Comment