"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Monday, October 3, 2011

It's coming along...

What's that you ask? Well, a couple of very exciting things!!
We got our nursery painted this weekend.  Just a few touchups still needed because my painting skills do leave a little to be desired, but the bulk is done.  We went with a color that is light blue, called stillness.  I think that bodes well, right?
 Primed and ready

 Some pictures Mom and Dad got for the nursery on their cruise up the New England coast.
Found this print in the Bahamas by an artist from Clemson.








And the second thing to be super excited about is our upcoming Spaghetti Supper and Silent Auction.  Next Friday is the day! We have some awesome stuff to bid on, like a weekend in Cherry Grove, a Nook, several fun baskets, gift certificates for the Body Shop and Pivotal Fitness, and wine.  There is so much fun stuff going on.  I am just hoping we have lots of people come and eat some baked spaghetti/ziti, have a few drinks, and just have fun.  I want to see kids and grown ups alike having a fun Friday night raising money for our baby.
On that note, where do we stand?
All our paperwork is in.  We are just waiting now on our home study to start.  Our social worker should be contacting us this month to set up those visits.  Fingers crossed, by the end of October, we'll be baby ready!
Now if I could just find the time to go shopping!

Email me, call me, or message me to let me know if you want to join the fun Friday night.  We need a count of who's coming, so even if you don't pay in advance, just let me know you are coming so I can get a count.  Need to know how much food to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment