"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Monday, October 24, 2011

The nursery

After spending hours at IKEA, mom and I found a crib... and several other things.  I really didn't know what I wanted going into this shopping trip.  We looked at a few cribs around Columbia a couple of weeks ago, then travelled up Charlotte Sunday.  This was my first trip to IKEA stateside.  And I was quite impressed.  The first sign of trouble was Mom saying to me, "We can buy anything!" Bad sign!
But it turned out well.  I did get some good stuff for the house including the crib.  I went simpler than planned, but it saved us a bundle.  Now, I have to figure out how to motivate my hubby to help put it together.  I also need to find my own motivation to sand and paint the dresser we will be using.  I have a dresser that was handed down from my parents, which my dad says was handed down from his parents.  It will make a perfect dresser and changing table.  My plan is to paint it a sand color.  We bought textured sand colored paint for the bottom drawer.  We are going to decorate it with shells and some other cute beachy things.  I finished touching up the paint on the walls and ceiling tonight.  I can't imagine if I was pregnant and had to leave all this stuff to Mark!!
So, we have the crib, we have the dresser/changing table, we have the pictures and sea creatures for the wall... Now to find the time to put it all together.
I am hoping we hear from the social worker soon.  You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now to stop praying for patience.  After all we went through over the last couple of years, my friend Tammy told me you shouldn't pray for patience, something that would have been good to know a while back :-) But, I still find myself praying to be patient and accept God's timing.  His plan is my plan and His plan is the best plan.  So, all in good time...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment