"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Monday, May 20, 2013

The waiting, oh the waiting!

The hardest part of the last few months has been the waiting.  Weeks go by with nothing new to report.  At the point when we finally do get our baby, I won't know what to with myself when I am not waiting for something.  But then, I guess I will have shifted my waiting to something else.  Anyways, I have been really happy with the lawyer so far, you know, with the obvious exception of a lack of baby. :-) But really, working with Ray's office has been so easy.  They helped critique our photo book and make it appealing to birth moms.  They have emailed us to introduce themselves and just made us feel really good about this decision.  

We are working on our fundraisers.  The puzzle pieces are selling well... 382 so far.  I am hoping to sell 1000 pieces.  The unfortunate part of changing venues for our adoption is that the cost is more.  We have raised and saved so much over the last couple of years, but according to the attorney's office it could cost $25,000.  I have to try really hard to not let the money get me down.  I think that when the baby is there, the money will be too.  This is all truly a test of our faith and trust in the Lord.

Anyways, we are also working on a golf tournament.  More to the point, Mark is working on it.  He is waiting to hear back from the course on the date.  Once we have that firmed up, you'll all have to get your clubs polished and your golf cleats... brushed? I don't know, I'm obviously not a golfer.  I'll be the one driving the beer cart!!

So I will end by saying thank you for your continued support.  Your prayers, your thoughts, your words of encouragement are all the things that get me through the low times and pick me up.  It is so amazing to have the friends and family behind us that we do.  THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment