"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Journey Begins... it's real!

So, I've always thought I would adopt a child.  I can remember in college thinking I wasn't even sure I wanted to have my own baby.  But, as all our friends started having their own and I got to see the joy in creating this little life, I thought, hmmm, okay, maybe I'll give that a shot.  Well, give it a shot I did, literally.  I gave myself numerous shots to try to make this happen and it wasn't in God's plan.  I am definitely at peace with that and we both feel good about adopting.  But now it's getting so real!! Openly discussing with people, sharing what we've been going through over the last two years, and now facebooking and blogging about it all is so unnatural.  I'm defintely a talker, but not much of a mushy sharer. 
However, our friends and family have been lifting us up in so many ways I don't want anyone to be in the dark about this amazing journey we are embarking on! I am so nervous about it all.  I feel confident God will provide for us financially, but the idea of raising at least $15,000 is daunting.  I have no idea why it has to be so expensive to take a baby who needs a good home and give it one.  But, it is what it is.  So here we are, brainstorming fundraising ideas with the help of my amazing planner friend, Melissa.  We are her guinea pigs for a nonprofit organization that helps couples with fertility issues raise money for adoptions... Adoption Angels, Inc.  Cute, right?
Anyways, I'm going to use this blog to promote ourselves and share our fears, exciting moments, and whatever else needs sharing! Welcome to our journey :-)

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting...glad you are blogging. It will help bring out your mushy side! lol!

    Loves, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog! Very exciting! Me and my husband did a silent auction online. The hosting site was free and very easy to work with! We had about 25 businesses donate items and we were able to make about $2500! Hope this helps:)

    amy
    www.theprikazskys.com

    ReplyDelete