"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Friday, June 24, 2011

Mixed Feelings...

So today I am feeling very nervous and just ... less than my normal hopeful.  We are barely into this process and I am so worried we won't be able to pay for it!! Then, talking with Lindsay and Mandy, I was saying that I definitely couldn't set up a nursery and then just let it sit there while we wait, walking by it every day.  But, in thinking it over, I guess it's something we need to consider since a baby could come at any time.  I have heard of several families who have gotten the call just days before the baby was born.  I'm trying have the faith and trust in God's plan, but today is one of the harder days.  I know it's just a mood, and I should probably stop watching 16 and Pregnant on MTV, bc it's just making me angry :-)
I do appreciate all the support and love we have gotten so far in all this.  That's what I'll think about!

6 comments:

  1. Take it day by day my friend and stop watching 16 and preggo. God has a plan for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph and I have recently made the "buy everything we need to keep a baby alive" trip through Babies R Us, and will be happy to assist you in the same trip if that is how your story unfolds! Between my baby registries, my sister-in-laws', and Steph's, I can help you get one of those up in a flash, too!

    This is going to happen. You will be amazed at the generosity of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl! I can have a cute nursery up and running for you in days! Do not even worry about this, we would have so much fun doing it. Just think of all the excitement as we run around with our heads shopped off designing and painting and making it just perfect for baby mixon! The money will come, we have a plan and I truly believe God is watching over you. It is a lot to think about, but just like you knew adoption was the right road...you will know when you are ready for all the steps along the way! Love you! See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa - remember that it's ok to be scared & nervous about how it will all play out. Just don't let that fear take over - allow it 15-30 mins & then move on from it! It's really hard to be patient for God's plan some days ... but the reward for that patience will far outweigh the moments of fear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firsthand experience talking here--it made me feel better to create our nursery ahead of time. You don't want to put together a crib at the last minute (or a changing table--ours was a beast). It gave me hope. I would click on the nightlight, say a little prayer, and go to bed. Nightly ritual for months. I wouldn't do it any other way if I had it to do over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s.- I agree that you should go ahead and get the nursery ready!

    ReplyDelete