"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Saturday, July 16, 2011

It takes a village...

They say it takes a village to raise a child, well this village is well prepared!! Our village raised $3300 at our yard sale today and yesterday! WOW!
My girls worked so hard to get ready and it all paid off.  I'll upload the pics of the house when my sis gets them to me, but let me say that you have no idea the amount of stuff we had unless you saw it.  Every room in the house was packed with stuff.  We started yesterday around 10:30am, and finished up about 7:30.  Mark and I took our diligent workers out to dinner to thank them. Then we were back at it at 7am this morning.  We finished packing everything, sending off the donations, putting the things to save in the garage, and getting the house back in order by about 2:30.  And here you see the results...

Yep, our boys are passed out!! They worked hard this week, picking up items, taking care of kids, and just supporting us as we set up, organized, and prepared for this event!
There isn't much more to say than wow! I can't wait to upload the pics from the sale.  We had a couple of ladies spend almost $500 on stuff.  We had other people donate out of pure generosity.  This has been an wonderful experience.  We appreciate everyone who came out to shop or donate, those who prayed for the success of this event, and those who were with us the last two days making this the success it was.  We are so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment