"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Friday, July 8, 2011

The good, the bad, and the beachy...

So, we drove up from Edisto today to attend our first information session with Bethany.  It was very informative and that is the required first step in this process.  It wasn't too much new information, since obviously I have been stalking their website for weeks.  But, it was nice to put a face with the names and get the information.  We then drove back to Edisto for our last night with our friends here at the beach.  It has been a great week! We have played games, gotten lots of sun, and just enjoyed ourselves.  The one minor hitch was when we got an email from Bethany earlier this week saying that as of July 1, the fees have increased to $17,500.  But I am continuing to have faith in my God, my husband, and our wonderful friends that the money will be there when we need it.
Our next step is to begin working on the formal application, which I think is currently sitting in my inbox, and the home study.  We have to give them all kinds of info from medical history to underwear size ... just joking about that last part. :-)
Our yard sale will be going this week, and we have had lots of generous donations! If you are reading this and  you want to bring some stuff over, just let me know and I can make arrangements to pick it up.
Also, Melissa Lea is still selling the Carolina flag over the State House prints and donating half the cost to our fund.  Her info is in a post below. 
That's about all for now.  Dinner's ready and I want to enjoy this last night of vacay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment