"And anyone who welcomes a child like this on my behalf is welcoming me" Matthew 18:5

Friday, July 15, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes!

It's finally yard sale day!! My girls have worked so hard to make this weekend successful, so even if we didn't sell a thing, I know once again how blessed we are with friends who love us.  Thank you to everyone for your generous donations of things to sell.  Thank you especially to Melissa, Irish, Lindsay, Sarah, and Mandy who have given so much of your time and resources.  I hope you all know how much it means to me that you are my friends.
     I want to share a couple of stories before the sale begins today because I feel like we'll have more to come and I don't want to forget these...
The first is one about a teacher friend.  She emailed me to tell me she had left some things in my room for our yard sale.  She said there was also an envelope in there with a donation.  Her son, who goes to our school, had a lemonade stand and wanted to donate some money to us! He gave us 10 of his hard earned dollars! It's my favorite $10 right now.
     Another friend, who I have known most of my life, dropped off some things while I was in class yesterday.  She said there were a couple of things her daughter had given us, including 4 items she picked out especially to give us and some money because she really wanted us to get the baby we wanted.  Then my friend sent me a message later and as she was explaining why we were doing this yard sale to her kids, the same little girl said, " What if the babies go on clearance?" 
    Madi--- I hope they do!!
I'll continue to share these stories because I really think children have it figured out.  They give because it's in their heart and they don't think twice about it.  I hope that I can raise our baby with as giving and compassionate a heart as these two ladies have!!
Wish us luck, pray for our success, and come shop over the next two days!! 137 Knotts Rd. Lexington

No comments:

Post a Comment